My adventures...

My adventures...

Sunday, January 26, 2014

4Year Well Check...

It's been a whole year since I had a wellness check. Overall, the past year I have been healthy. I did need antibiotics twice this year - once for pneumonia in the early fall and then again in late December for a severe ear infection. Aside from that, I continue to grow and thrive and just be, well...me.

Here are my stats:

Weight: 31 lbs (20%)
Height: 39 inches (45%)
Blood pressure: 90/58 mmHg (normal)

If you'd like to compare to last year, go here

If you compared, I am pretty much following my same growth curve. 


No shots this visit - everything is current and I already had my flu vaccine. Oh, and shots and eye drops don't bother me in the least. I barely flinch. In fact, I am the one who goes first since Brother is the one who gets scared and cries.

This past year seems to have been full of many things. I finished up gymnastics in August. I took swimming lessons in the summer and into the early fall. I was inspired by Ariel the mermaid and can swim without a life vest or assistance. I learned the same time as Brother so a whole 2 years ahead of him. I'm not as fast a swimmer but I can get around. I also started ballet lessons in the fall. Then in October I started preschool/pre-kindergarden. Oh, and not to forget I became a big sister, too. All my new roles have been good ones.

At this point, I know most of my letters and numbers. Mom says she has not worked with me nearly as much as she did with Brother but I listen to his lessons and sometimes go to his class and am catching on. (I can write his name but not mine, though. I really have watched him and listened to his lessons a lot.) In fact, when I go to kindergarten with brother I can keep up completely. Mom also says my fine motor skills are better than his, too, and he's meeting or exceeding all the benchmarks for kindergarten if that gives a reference. I love going to his class and especially LOVE his teacher. If everything continues as it has, she will be my teacher in a year and a half. 

I love drawing and nearly always carry a complete set of crayons, markers, or colored pencils as well as a drawing pad everywhere I go. I won my first drawing contest this summer at the city library for my portrait of Wonder Woman (she's my favorite super hero). I also always carry a bag of coins and my pretend cell phone in my purse, too.

Blank (my special blanket) still goes most every where with me. I still sleep with her. Yes, she is a she. She's getting quite tattered and I have a spare for wash days or repair days. I still suck my thumb, mostly with tired moments or if holding blanket. I also still take naps about half the time. If I lay down, I'll fall asleep but lately we've been running errands or being out and about so we're not able to come home for naps which means I go to bed early. (I think Mom and Dad like the early to bed.) Oh, NEVER wake me early or quickly from a nap either. If you do, I change into a purple minion and I know it, too.

Oh, Mom and Dad say I can throw some impressive tantrum, too. I do know they can be so impressive Brother will hide in his bed or in his closet. However, these do seem to be getting less frequent and less intense so maybe they are something I am growing out of. 

It's been a great year and four will be even better. How grateful we all are to have had this great past year of my life.
 


From your Parents...

To Mom's Bean and Daddy's Boo:

We love you and are so proud of you, beautiful girl. You are very determined and extremely creative and imaginative. You have taught us so much just because you are so different from the rest of us. We are learning to be better parents with better tools because of you. We hope you are always as determined, independent, and driven as you have been thus far. And NEVER give up on your drawing and art. You definitely have a special talent. Thanks for being you and being our little girl. Oh, and thanks for always sharing a piece of your favorite foods with us (you always share your dessert with us) and always being so willing to help us with chores or fashion. 

P.S. from Mom - I would be tickled to pieces if you became a doctor or nurse practitioner like you say you want to become. I certainly know you could do it.

P.S.S. We're wondering if you're going to end up being a "blue girl red state" sort of gal - just wondering...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mom, Dad, and Big Brother read comments to me but please remember not to use our real names. I love getting comments - thank you so much!